Yes, we're here to help you with your recording needs! Exactly what help we provide depends on the need. We can:
- Train you to use the proper tools to create the ideal video learning tool to help the students you serve achieve their learning goals.
- Provide the equipment and training you need to successfully record an event for your class, club, or college group.
- When needed, we can record special events or lectures for the entire college.
To find out what we can do for you, make an appointment for a consultation with our audiovisual technician by submitting a help request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We can work with you to build short videos that create awareness of a school activity.
- Canon GL-1 Camcorder - This video camera shoots professional quality SD video on mini DV format tapes
- Flip Mino Usb Camcorder - This video camera records a file that can be accessed via usb on Mac or Windows.
- Insigna HD Usb Camcorder - This video camera records a file that can be accessed via usb on Mac or Windows.
- Sony GC-1 webshare cam - This video camera records a file that can be accessed via usb on Mac or Windows.
- Photo Cameras
- Olympus 5mp digital camera - This camera can be connected to a mac or pc with a usb cable.
- Sony Cybershot 10mp digital camera - This camera can also shoot HD video and can be accessed on Mac or Windows.
- Mp3 recorders and lapel microphones are available. - These are digital recorders that can be accessed on a Mac or PC.
- Sure SM58 microphones and cables.
- Portable DVD player
- Video Tripods
If you would like to create a video, please contact the CTL at email@example.com with your request. Our audiovisual technician will then contact you to determine your precise needs, which may include:
- Slide Presentations with voiceover
- Event filming
- Short video production (approximately 30 seconds to 5 minutes)
Once you have worked with the audiovisual technician to determine your needs, the technician will assist you in creating the project. The goal of the CTL is to train staff to empower their own learning, so our support will emphasize your role in the project. However, the staff will be available to help out at every step, and will help create those elements that require professional quality services.
If the people you want to record are employees of MCCCD, you can include them in your video, as long as the video is part of an MCCCD related project. However, if you are filming students, guest speakers, or community groups that are not part of MCCCD, you will need to have them sign a talent release first. Here is a link to the talent release form.